Top 5 Careers With A PGDM
Posted on: May 22, 2018
What is a PGDM?
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM), is the cousin of MBA in the education industry. It is offered autonomously and hence the syllabus might vary from institution to institution.
The popular misconception is that PGDM does not hold as much value as an MBA does, which is absolutely false. A PGDM from an ivy league college holds as much value as an MBA does. In a few cases, it holds even more value.
PGDM syllabus dives deeper into the subject, studies the nuances, is more demanding, takes a pragmatic approach and makes you industry ready. Various specialisations available in PGDM are Marketing, Human Resource, Finance, International Business, Retail Management, Sports Management etc.
Here are the top 5 career options with a PGDM:
- Business Analyst: As a business analyst, you are expected to analyse the business on a daily basis, crunch data, make reports and propose strategies to yield more business. A business analyst sees massive career growth in a short span of time.
- HR Manager: Recruiting, selecting, training and retaining talent is the main forte of HR Managers. If you an eye for recognising talent and managing employees, this is the job for you. HR Manager is a job that is a smooth sail with moderate growth.
- Research Analyst: If you enjoy research combined with data & math, this is a perfect fit for you. A research analyst is expected to explore market trends, map data, make business plans for a new venture or expand an existing one.
- Business Development Manager: A Business Development Manager’s main role is to nurture ideas, propose them to the client and bring home business. If you have a creative bone and a knack for dealing with people, this is the right fit for you.
- Public Sector Management Jobs: The public sector is seeing a huge boom in jobs and infrastructure. A PGDM from a reputed institute can fetch you a high paying management job in the public sector.
So, those were our top 5 careers picks with a PGDM. Pursue an PGDM today & secure a great future for tomorrow.